Faith

Faith

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Love is Patient

I was involved in a not so great conversation with my son this week, and he said some hurtful things to me, and I know now that most of that was based on resentment and anger because he is hurting over something. I believe we do hurt the ones we love the most, why? Is it because we are expecting that no matter what they will always love us and be there for us. We behave badly and say mean things to our loved one, believing that it will all be fine with an "I'm sorry"

One of the first scriptures I learned was 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. That is the perfect love from a perfect Father. I do not believe any of us are truly capable of that kind of unconditional love unless we belong to Christ, and we learn to love like He loves us. When people are left to their own our emotions can be selfish, we do anger others who love and care for us, and we do keep score on the wrongs someone has done to us. To love like the Lord wants us to we must commit our lives to the Lord, then we must forgive one another because forgiveness is love, in the greatest form. John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
1 Peter 4:8  Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.


No comments: